Taxpayer Advocate Service at the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums
Each year, the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) participates in the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums, a three-day series of tax education and networking conferences for tax professionals.
2013 Tax Forums
Previous Tax Forums
- July 9 – 11, Orlando, Fla.
- July 30 – August 1, Grapevine, Texas (Dallas area)
- August 13 – 15, New Orleans
- August 20 – 22, Atlanta
- August 27 – 29, National Harbor, Md. (Washington, D.C. area)
- September 17 – 19, San Diego
Seminars at the Nationwide Tax Forums allow attendees to learn information related to key federal and state tax issues. TAS seminars will focus on the ITIN application process, helping small businesses navigate the IRS collection maze and return preparer fraud. Please note that there is no advanced preparation or prerequisite requirement for attending these seminars.
- Navigating the IRS collection maze – should you contact the Automated Collection System, a Revenue Officer, or someone else?
- Advocating for the taxpayer – has the IRS provided adequate notice and given the taxpayer its right to be heard, or has the IRS unfairly labeled your client as non-compliant?
- Resolving the taxpayer’s problem – is the best way an offer in compromise, installment agreement, or some other solution?
Seminars from the 2012 Tax Forums are available at the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums Online (NTFO). Tax professionals can earn continuing professional education (CPE) credits through 15 self-study seminars that use interactive videos synchronized with slides. Topics include TAS seminars, 2012 income tax law changes, education credits, EITC due diligence requirements and more.
- Download TAS’s seminar: Helping Your Client Understand their Rights