IRS Adopts Taxpayer Bill of Rights
The IRS has adopted a Taxpayer Bill of Rights, as proposed by the National Taxpayer Advocate, to make taxpayer rights clear, understandable and accessible for the taxpayer.
Getting to Know the Taxpayer Advocate Service
The Getting to Know the Taxpayer Advocate Service video provides a general overview of TAS and its services.
- Getting to Know the Taxpayer Advocate Service
- Transcript of Getting to Know the Taxpayer Advocate Service video
TASCast Videos present important tax information, assistance, and tips from National Taxpayer Advocate (NTA) Nina Olson.
- IRS Audits (Examinations) – Overview
- Collection Alternatives – Overview
- Cancellation of Debt Income – Overview
- When to Come to TAS
- When to Come to TAS - For Businesses
- TAS: Your Voice at the IRS
- Choosing a Tax Preparer
- Pro Bono Work/LITC
- Federal Payment Levy Program (in depth)
- Federal Payment Levy Program (overview)
- Mortgage Verification - 4506-T
- Protecting Against Identity Theft
Basic Tax Responsibility Video
To watch the Basic Tax Responsibility video, click the links below.
Note: This video is in Spanish, with English subtitles.
- Introduction by the National Taxpayer Advocate
- Introduction to Your Taxes
- Understanding the U.S. tax system
- What to do if You Need Help With Your Taxes – Section One
- What to do if You Need Help With Your Taxes – Section Two
- Meeting Your Tax Responsibilities
- Programs and Organizations that Help Taxpayers
- Preparing for a Meeting About Your Taxes
The Basic Tax Responsibility video is now available in several languages!